Aug 10, 2013

8/9/13

How did the Lord bless me and my family today?  Did I recognize His hand in my life and the lives of others today?

once again, I am writing the day after, but I can recall quite a few instances where the Lord was reaching out to me and to my family, and blessing us, from morning until night.  For example, there was a wind storm that took out the electricity for a while and kicked up a lot of dust, even though it was a beautiful day, sunny, no clouds in the sky, or very few clouds.

- LaVell Edwards Stadium - lots of good memories there with my Dad, etc.
- a "new" project for work on Monday
- emails from Nathaniel and Dad about the FAIR conference materials
- someone mocking my name on the Mormon discussion board
- Ali Darrington
- a girl we met at the food bank looking for Jonathan, sent me a fb chat
- at work... there was cake and fruit, and more soccer highlights from Ben, and Calley had a normal hair day, and there was talk of some things like cheesy Mormon videos, like the pump, and Mr. Kreuger's Christmas, and Johnny Lingo, and then some Batman videos, from the old school Batman, like my dad and I used to watch, and some talk of Sherlock Holmes, etc. and I remember seeing a Gerber baby food bottle with the words "A Good Start" and a conversation that reminded me of Elder Bednar's talk "Things as they really are", and I got some videos placed, with the French Supplemental course, and some things working with Verseball and the patent process
- a good work-out at Gold's, and a good sauna stretch
- seeing the temple on the hill on the way back home
- reading "Outliers" and learning about an Italian village that was formed in Pennsylvania, made me think of Heinrich, who is from Pennsylvania, which makes me think of Philadelphia, the Van Gogh art work, Rocky, the ISI trip, Brandywine River, and sharing my testimony of the family and of the Book of Mormon with people, tipping over in a canoe, and the other ISI trips to Georgia (Savannah) and Indianapolis.
- The Lord's hand reached out to me to invite me to the family reunion up in Morgan, where my Mom and Sister Abigail went
- Nathaniel sent me some photos on the phone, but phone is out of service
- Jared and Annie, I love them, but hardly ever hear from them
- I'm sure there are so many ways that the Lord reached out to bless me that most of them I don't even recognize, but that is why I am trying to do as Elder Eyring suggested and keep a record of blessings, and give thanks to God for all blessings, seen and unseen, and even the blessings of things that are not given, in God's wisdom, for He knows best
-I'll do better today

No comments: